Friday, June 5, 2009

June!

June has come and I just finished the June Button Up Quilt today The pattern for this was done in some pretty dark colors which I didn't care for so I brightened mine up. I did this from my stash of fabric except for the pink border. I really like how this came out.


Like the picture, we have flowers blooming all over the yard. The back grass area is a meadow mix and has lots of flowers in it. Also, the winds have come and some warmer days. I think we got to 90 once but mostly in the 80's so far. Yes, Seattle has been warmer than us for several days! Of course, with the wind comes the dust and the pollen. Thank goodness for air conditioning. Rocky doesn't like the wind. When we let him in the house, he goes and hides in the laundry room. It's the darkest room in the house and he seems to like sleeping in there.


We don't have any birthdays or holidays in June (except Flag Day) and of course the 9th would have been Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. I surely miss them both.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the blue birds. They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt. Sounds like you are having better weather than we are. LOTS of rain today, but then some sunshine and nice sunset.