Monday, October 6, 2008

Castle Valley Gourd Festival Quilt

A neighbor called me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to do a quilt for the Castle Valley Gourd Festival. It's the weekend of Oct. 18th. It didn't have to be really big, just a wall hanging. I told her that the only gourds I really new were pumpkins. She said she would draw some for me and bring to me. Well, she drew on an 8x11 paper a picture of Castle Rock with a large gourd in front and on the other side the words Castle Valley Gourd Festival. After talking to Crystal at the Moab quilt store, she helped me enlarge it to make templates for doing the quilt. I decided to put the Castle Valley Gourd Festival on a border and put two gourds in front of Castle Rock. I really like how it came out. Hope Alice will, This was a real challenge for me and I'm really proud of myself for doing it. And the really nice thing about this quilt is I made it entirely from materials in my stash. Didn't have to buy anything for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. What a beautiful quilt. I'm going to have to go down and see it because I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person.