Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Quilted Table Runner

On Thursday, I took another class at the quilt store in Moab. This is the table runner we made. I got it finished yesterday. The five squares are done by a process called paper piecing. This was my first attempt. (Actually my second, but I couldn't do it the first time for Dad's John Deer quilt so my dear friend Annette did them for me.) I'm really proud of my accomplishment this time. There are nine pieces to the square.
It's really hard to photograph the table runner on the table. As you see, I'm standing on a chair and you can see my toes. But I wanted the entire runner in the picture. At the class, I got the five squares done and the white triangles. (Spent from 10-4 there.) Then I came home and added the two borders, got it quilted and then the binding done yesterday. Rick really liked this one and the colors are perfect for the dining room.

Here is a close up of the squares. I used 8 different fabrics for them. Then I changed the sequence in each square. Since the squares had 9 pieces, I used the same fabric for numbers 1 and 9.
Wednesday evening I also had a class. We did the October Button Up quilt. I'm still working on it so will post as soon as I get done.
Also, on Oct 18th, the Castle Valley Gourd Festival is being held and a neighbor has asked me to do a quilt for it. She even brought me a drawing of an idea. So, I'm going to attempt it. Talked to Crystal at the quilt store and she gave me some great suggestions and is willing to help me all she can. When it's done, I'll post it. It is for their silent auction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You chose such beautiful fabric, Eileen, and beautiful workmanship, too. You are very talented. There is also a bit of Mom and Dad in your table runner, too. Mom loved flowers and Dad battled prostate cancer for many years. (The blue ribbon is the symbol for prostate cancer awareness.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, cute toes, too.