Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cross Stitch & Quilting

Well, I finished the project I was working on when the lightning took out our phones, Rick's computer and our TV's But all is well again.

I took a binding class last night and got the binding on this Halloween picture and finished the hand sewing this morning. After going into the hardware store this afternoon, I cut the dowel I purchased and sewed a sleeve for it on the back. Then I added the ribbon to hang it with. I really like how it came out.
Thought a close up of the cross stitch was in order. This one only took me about a week to do.
Since I was so pleased with the Halloween picture I took time Sat. to quilt this one. I had done the cross stitch years ago and had just never gotten around to getting it matted and framed. But I really like this much better.

While in town today, I picked up this orange ribbon to hang it with. Again, I sewed a sleeve on the back for the dowel. This keeps the pictures from folding in when hung. Guess I'll have to do some more, this was so fun.

I've signed up for a couple of monthly classes at the quilt store here in Moab. (It's Sew Moab). One is for table runners and the other is monthly quilts that you button to a background. Each month we will do a different one. I also signed up for the "Block of the Month". For $5, I get the first block (the first Sat. in Sept.). Then each month on the first Sat. I take in the completed block and receive the block for that month. It won't cost me any more money IF I have completed the block. There will be 12 blocks in all so I can get all 12 blocks for my $5. I'm really excited about this. Will keep you posted on what I'm doing, but I surely am enjoying that new sewing room in the garage!

3 comments:

Jon and Julie Nelson said...

Hi...I love your cross stitching. That is one thing I have done and loved. Yours looks exceptional. The river looks scarry. I guess it's the flooded bridge that is the scarry thing. Tell me more.

Jon and Julie Nelson said...

scary not scarry. Sorry.....

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful work. Can't wait to see them in person. What a clever name for the quilting store in Moab.