Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Eileen's Sewing Room

We have almost finished the sewing room in the garage now. As you can see, we have added a portable cooler/heater/fan/dehumidifier. (Like we need the dehumidifier here!) But it sure helps cool the room at this point. I have gotten my cutting table in and my sewing desk. Behind the "X" on the end wall, we are going to put bookshelves for a lot of our paperbacks and smaller books. The shelves can only be 6" wide so the bigger books will have to go in the house.
These cupboards take up almost the entire wall. The middle spot is perfect for all my sewing and craft books. These of course include, quilting, knitting, cross stitching, beading, and I have even got the Crocheting for Dummies in there. I still want to learn this one.
Here is a view of the sewing desk and my machine. I love this setup. The work surface is so big you can do quilts very nicely on it. As you can see, even though the room is a lovely yellow with white trim I had Rick paint the door as the others in the garage are. A lovely ginger color. I really like the accent.
Cara had asked me for a picture inside my fabric cupboard, so here it is. The left side is my seasonal and special fabrics (like lighthouses) and the right side is by color. In cabinet on the left, the next to the bottom shelf, has the most fabric and it is Christmas. The other shelves contain at least two seasons. It was so much fun to see these again. They had been in storage since Feb. 2007! I had forgotten a lot of them.
We went back to Home Depot and got these cabinets to put behind my sewing desk. They fit perfectly there. I just have a little touch up painting to do, the bookshelves to get in and the storage shelves in the alcove and then the room will be done. Can't wait to start using it! Thanks Rick for a great job on the tile floor, the painting and giving me my own special place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your quilting room is fantastic. Thanks for posting the pictures, but I can't wait to see it in person. The book nook is great and you still have lots more room on your shelves for fabric.